Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Good Gravy

It’s really hard for me to take a stance on most things. I try to be objective in most situations. And probably too objective. Almost to the point of defending horrible human beings and their horrible actions. I’m not, inherently, a bad person. I do bad things from time to time, but, “bad” is a subjective term. SEE! That’s what I’m talking about. If I ever do take a stance on something, it’s a “well, who am I to judge?” stance, which isn't a stance. But, really, Who am I to judge? Everyone is made of the same stuff, we’re all basically the same thing. We all have our own ideologies and prejudices, but at some point we were all exactly the same. If only for about a year or two right after we were all born, respectively. As Pete Holmes says, “It’s amazing to me to think that every person on Earth has, at least one time, had diarrhea.” We can make awful cosmic references to human inter-connectivity, or we can make crude understatements of how every human being is somehow connected. We might take different roads, but we’ll end up in the same place. It’s real easy to get wrapped up in ones life. Bullshit constantly drops from the sky, some people are just better at dodging it. A good way to dodge it is to look at life for what it really is… a big fucking joke. This doesn't have to be a depressing statement if you don’t want it to be. Life’s a joke, so laugh at it. Have fun. Tear shit up, but not people. A lot of people make it seem like the human race is a terrible disease slowly killing itself and it’s home, and that may very well be the case, but, let’s not let those fucks ruin our party, it’s only midnight.

1 comment:

  1. I like to use the word "intersubjectivity". This way I can dodge the greasy dichotomy that, ethically, shit will NEVER be a science. But yet somehow, some shit is ALWAYS wrong.

    ReplyDelete